ONKYO BD-SP809 THX 3D BLU-RAY PLAYER - NETWORK DVD CD PLAYER
Classy and Versatile Blu-ray Player with Home Network Capability
Now you'll never be short of content. As Onkyo's top Blu-ray player, the THX® certified BD-SP809 provides a wide range of playback functions to complement your high-quality home cinema. As well as playing CDs, DVDs, and 3D-encoded BDs, the BD-SP809 handles videos, music, and photos sent from a DLNA 1.5-certified media server. On top of that, it also features a USB port that lets you play back audio and video files from a thumb drive. Image quality is superb, whatever the source. Onboard Qdeo technology from Marvell ensures pristine deinterlacing, noise-reduction, and 1080p upscaling. Twin HDMI outputs allow you to switch between two displays say, your main TV for daily viewing and a projector for movies and sports. And whether you're playing high-def DTS and Dolby formats or compressed MP3s, your audio benefits from a high-precision clock, separate blocks for video/audio circuitry, and a vibration-reducing top cover. It all adds up to a virtuoso playback solution for the dedicated fan of quality entertainment.
BDSP809 Dimensions (WxHxD): 435 x 104 x 313mm - 4.7kg
Support for 3D Video on Blu-ray
Immersive 3D video has been wowing audiences in cinemas around the world. Now you can enjoy the same
incredible, you-can-almost-touch-it realism in the comfort of your own living room. With the BD-SP809 and a 3D-compatible TV, you can play 3D video on Blu-ray and enter a new dimension of movies, nature documentaries, and more.
To achieve THX certification, the BDSP809 meets the world's most demanding standards for home cinema
playback. Itâ€™s your guarantee of superior A/V performance and an accurate reproduction of the full cinema experience in your home.
Home Network Capability
The rear-side Ethernet port on the BD-SP809 lets you connect it to a home network and incorporate a huge array of content into your main entertainment system. The BD-SP809 works as a seamless and convenient conduit for videos, music, and photos stored on your PC or digital media server.
DLNA 1.5 Certified
The Digital Living Network Alliance® was formed by a group of like-minded manufacturers with the goal of improving the interoperability of electronic products used by consumers. This shift towards more integrated home entertainment is made possible by using open standards and commonly available industry specifications. Being DLNA 1.5 certified, the BDSP809 can link seamlessly with other compatible devices in your home cinema system.
1080p Video Upscaling and Processing via Qdeo Technology
The BD-SP809 offers full 1080p upscaling of standard video sources such as 576i/p, 720p, and 1080i. Interlaced-toprogressive conversion and scaling are performed by high-quality Qdeo technology from Marvell. Qdeo is a versatile video processor that uses algorithms designed to erase video noise and artifacts such as jaggies and feathering. Played back on a compatible wide-screen display, your Blu-ray Discs and DVDs will look more detailed and cinematic than ever.
High-Definition Surround Sound from Dolby®
TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Essential The BDSP809's onboard decoders bring you the lossless,
studio-master quality of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Essential for Blu-ray Disc. The player outputs these formats in pure bitstream form via HDMI, meaning nothing is lost from the original recording. If you don't have an HDMI-compatible receiver, you can still enjoy playback of standard Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel content via the onboard digital outputs.
High-Definition 1080p Video and Compatibility with AVCHD and DivX HD
Blu-ray Disc delivers the most vivid and detailed video images ever seen in home cinema. A disc played back on the BD-SP809 can be output in full high-definition 1080p at 24 frames per second, the native frame rate for movies. The BDSP809 also offers compatibility with the increasingly popular AVCHD and DivX HD formats, which both employ high-compression video codecs. Now you can enjoy big-screen playback of your high-definition movies and video clips recorded on a compatible camcorder.
High-Grade Build Quality with Rigid Chassis
The BD-SP809 is crafted with typical Onkyo attention to build quality. Internal components that can cause vibrations are fixed directly onto the high-rigidity chassis or near the feet of the unit. Since the feet themselves have a large circumference, they provide further protection from vibrations. The BD-SP809 features an independent digital and analog block design that reduces electromagnetic interference from the system-power, drive-mechanism, and signal-processing circuits. Further proof of this player's superior build quality comes in the form of gold-plated audio and video outputs and 19 mm-pitch audio outputs for connection to high-grade cable.
- THX® Certified
- Supports Blu-ray 3D Playback (When Connected to a 3D-Compatible TV)
- 2 HDMI® Outputs Support 3D, 1080p, DeepColor, x.v.Color and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby® Digital Plus Decoding
- Supports DTS-HD Master Audio Essential
- 1080p Upscaling of Standard Video Sources (1080i, 720p, and 576i/p) with Qdeo Technology by Marvell
- Precision Clock for Optimal Timing of Digital Signals
- Plays AVCHD*, Divx HD, MP3, WMA, and JPEG Formats
- Ethernet Port for BD-Live, Firmware Updates, and Media Streaming via Home Network
- Certified with DLNA Version 1.5 for Streaming Videos, Photos, and Music (Compatible with MPEG 1, MPEG 2 PS, MPEG 2 TS/TTS, LPCM, MP3, WMA, and JPEG Formats) USB Port for Media Content
- 19 mm-Pitch Audio Outputs for High-Grade Cable
- Gold-Plated HDMI, Analog Audio, Digital Audio (Coaxial Only), and Analog Video Outputs
- Independent Circuit Blocks for Audio, Digital Video, and Analog Video to Reduce Electromagnetic Interference
- Center-Mounted Drive Mechanism for Optimal Weight Balance
AUDIO & VIDEO FEATURES
- Plays BD-Video (BD-ROM, BD-R/RE), DVD-Video (DVD-ROM, DVDÂ±R/RW, DVDÂ±R DL), Audio CD, MP3 CD, WMA CD, DTS-CD, and CD-R/RW
- BD-Live Functionality for Interactive Content
- 1080/24p Video Output for Full-HD Movies
- 2 Digital Audio Outputs (Optical and Coaxial)
- Analog Audio, Component Video, and Composite Video Outputs
- Picture-in-Picture Video and Audio Configuration (BD Only)
- Repeat Playback Modes for BD, DVD, and CD: All, Chapter, A-B; Title (BD, DVD only); Track and Random (CD only)
- Angle and Resume Playback (for BD and DVD)
- Digital Noise Reduction for HD Content
- On-Screen Display for Settings and Playback (Auto*/English/French/Spanish/Italian/German/Dutch/ Swedish/Russian/Polish/Portuguese)
- Source Direct
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer
- RS232 Port
- IR Input and Output
- Aluminum Front Panel
- Remote Control